POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : stains, rust, etc (newbie question) : stains, rust, etc (newbie question) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  stains, rust, etc (newbie question)
From: Derek Zahn
Date: 6 Sep 1999 21:56:39
Message: <37d470d7@news.povray.org>
Hello all!

I decided the other day to actually try making an image (for IRTC) with
povray and have been having a great deal of fun trying to figure out how to
make all this stuff work.  There's one thing in particular that is bothering
me and any pointers would be appreciated.  Suppose I have some kind of
complicated shape like a lamp or an apple and I want to put a stain or some
rust or oil or something on it.  How is that done?

Thanks in advance!

derek